Friday, September 19, 2008

The Beginning of a Thunderfire Cannon

Greetings. As I stated before ill be giving the Thunderfire Cannon a go and see how far I get on it.

These are the pieces of it. I am not doing the Techmarine Yet. He will be done after or if i get fed up ill switch to him. Its all pewter unfortunately which means assembly will be a bit of a nuisance.
A note on assembling it. I started a little bit or rather tried. The cannon part of this thing does line up right and I'm having trouble getting it to fit right. I ran out of ideas on it so I'm going to start work on this thing in reverse order and work on the treads and mount for it first. If the thunderfire cannon itself was plastic this would be a lot easier. I may switch gears and work on the drop pod first depending on if I give in to the drop pod calling to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol this is hard.

steve said...

lol it is.

Anonymous said...

I found the assembly quite poorly designed as a kit, especially for metal.

A number of fittings are really bad and require a lot of work to fit correctly.